Marien Hospital

Built: 1957

Abandoned: 2005

Demolished: 2013

Visited: 2009

Dortmund, Germany

In 1957 this hospital was built, it was run by Franciscan nuns. It was named ‘St. Bonifatius-Florian und Meta Klöckner Krankenhaus’. In 1979 these buildings were sold to the Catholic Marien Hospital Dortmund-Hombruch who opened an clinic for psychiatry and psychotherapy. After the transfer of this clinic in 2005 to the Hombruch site of the St. Johannes Society, the hospital is empty.

The nuns, who still owned the land sold it in 1998. A local construction company had bought the site in 2010. Today the hospital is gone, there are houses built on the site.

Photos Marien Hospital

Don`t copy text!