Filature Boussac

Built: 1895

Abandoned: 2003

Visited: 2017


In 1895 Victor Peters built this weaving mill. After Marcel Boussac took over the business in 1922 as director the production grew continuously. After the war one hall was filled with 852 type ‘CRK4’ looms made by the Dietrich company. In the 1970s, an important investment of nearly 250 weaving machines of the ‘MAV’ type (flying needle machines) was made. The looms were manufactured by SACM in Mulhouse. They were then replaced by ‘Nuovo-Pignone’ high performance machines and ‘Somet’ looms. Some of which were equipped with a double roller to make the Seerschuker effect.


The quality and the know-how of the dyeing and the preparation of the weaving in this factory were famous. This was one of the reasons why Boussac was called the ‘King of Cotton’. In spite of this, the textile factory closed its doors on March 31, 2003.

Photos Filature Boussac

Don`t copy text!