Filature de Nomexy

Built: 1880

Abandoned: 2010

Visited: 2015

Nomexy, France

This spinning mill was built in 1880 by industrialist Victor Peters. The ‘Fillature Peters’ became the property of Marcel Boussac in 1922. Over the decades thanks to the know-how of its employees, it became one of the most successful textile mills. This spinning mill was later sold to the industrialist Francois-Régis De Sèze who, despite major investments in high-performance spinning machines, was not able to prevent its closure. The mill closed in 2010. A major real estate project is expected to emerge soon.

Photos Filature de Nomexy

Don`t copy text!