Tour & Taxis

Built: 1910

Visited: 2010

Brussel, Belgium

Tour & Taxis is an old Brussels cargo train station and storage. The site is named after the Princely House of Thurn und Tassis, a German family that was a key player in the postal services in Europe in the 16th century. At the beginning of the 20th century, the Belgian Railways constructed this goods station, close to the port installations. The maritime station was not used by passengers. It was simply for merchandise in transit or for storage.

Architects Constant Bosmans and Henri Vandevelde designed the site, which is now reconverted into an events location.

Photos Tour & Taxis

Don`t copy text!