Militair Instituut voor Zeekuur

Built: 1913

Abandoned: 1993

Demolished: 2006

Visited: 2006

Oostende, West-Vlaanderen, Belgium

The ‘Militair Hospitaal Oostende’ was opened in 1913 after five years of building. Just one year later the military hospital was taken by the German troops during the First World War. The Germans used the buildings until 1918 when a bomb attack ruined most of the site. It took until 1926 before the hospital was brought back to its original form. In 1930 the name of the hospital changed from ‘Militair Instituut voor Zeekuur’ to ‘Hospitaal Bataljons-Geneesheer Charles-Aimé De Beer’, named after the Military Officer De Beer from Ciney.

1945

During the WW II the hospital was taken for the second time by the German troops. They didn’t use it as hospital, but as storage this time. The allies turned it into a hospital again to nurse their troops. In 1946 the Belgium government became the owner again. The site was demolished in 2006, some buildings were renovated and got a new use.

Photos of Militair Hospitaal Oostende

Militair Hospitaal Oostende
Militair Hospitaal Oostende
Militair Hospitaal Oostende
Militair Hospitaal Oostende
Militair Hospitaal Oostende
Militair Hospitaal Oostende
Militair Hospitaal Oostende
Militair Hospitaal Oostende
Militair Hospitaal Oostende
Militair Hospitaal Oostende
Militair Hospitaal Oostende
Militair Hospitaal Oostende
Militair Hospitaal Oostende
Militair Hospitaal Oostende
Militair Hospitaal Oostende
Militair Hospitaal Oostende
Militair Hospitaal Oostende
Militair Hospitaal Oostende
Militair Hospitaal Oostende
Militair Hospitaal Oostende
Militair Hospitaal Oostende
Militair Hospitaal Oostende
Don`t copy text!