Albrechtshaus

Built: 1897

Abandoned: 1993

Burned down: 2013

Visited: 2011

Stiege, Germany

This sanatorium is named after Prince Albert of Prussia, it was built in 1897 and housed 40 male patients. One year later the sanatorium was extended for another 24 female patients. The patients were treated for Tuberculosis, a lethal, infectious disease. In 1905 they added a wooden church on the site. Over the years the hospital is expended. In 1930 the Albrecht House gave place to 100 male and 80 female patients. Also they build a special children department.

Rehabilitation clinic

Because of the decline in lung diseases the hospital transformed into a sanatorium for patients with cardiovascular diseases in 1987. In 1991 it was transformed to a rehabilitation clinic, but it closed only two years later. Plans to create a health spa here were never carried out, some buildings are demolished, some still stand empty and abandoned. The place burned down in August 2013.

Photos Albrechtshaus

Don`t copy text!