Ferienhotel Sachsenhof

Built: 1905

Abandoned: 1992

Demolished: 2016

Visited: 2016

Bärenfels, Germany

Ferienhotel Sachsenhof was build in 1905 as a sanatorium with the name Kaiserhof. But in DDR times it was owned by the Free German Trade Union Federation, or in German Freier Deutscher Gewerkschaftsbund (FDGB). The hostel was named Max-Niklas-Heim.

After the fall of the iron curtain, in 1992, the building was sold. It was renamed Ferienhotel Sachsenhof, but the hotel was never opened. It is abandoned al these years and the buildings are in a very bad state. In 2014 the local government bought the site, but restoring the building to its old glory was to expensive. The hotel was demolished in 2016.

Photos of Ferienhotel Sachsenhof

Don`t copy text!