Centrale d’Oxygène Liquide

Built: 1934

Abandoned: 1997

Visited: 2008

Audun-le-Tiche, France

This liquid oxygen storage was built by Société Metallurgique des Terres Rouges (SMTR) in 1937. In that year the SMTR was taken over by the Aciéries Réunies de Burbach-Eich-Dudelange (ARBED) a major Luxembourg-based steel and iron producing company. The site, on the French site of the border was part of the Terre Rouge site in Luxembourg. Since the shutdown of the last furnaces in 1997, these buildings are also left abandoned.

Photos Centrale d’Oxygène Liquide

Don`t copy text!