Retorderie François Schoeters

Built: 1880

Abandoned: 2007

Visited: 2009

Sint-Niklaas, Belgium

Spinning mill and textile dye factory Schoeters stopped after 120 years because of the upcoming textile factories from Asia with their cheap prices. In the early years 140 people were employed by the textile factory. In 1964 only 75 people worked there and at the day of the closing only 18 people were left.

Photos Retorderie François Schoeters

Don`t copy text!