Feintuchwerke F.F. Koswig

Built: 1886

Abandoned: 1947

Visited: 2014

Finsterwalde, Germany

Finsterwalde grew with the cloth industry from the idyllic village into a major manufacturing city. In 1886 they build this ‘Tuchfabrik F.F. Koswig’. The factory kept expanding until 1913 when the last buildings was added to the site. In the factory quality fabrics were manufactured. In 1913 more than 700 skilled workers were employed at the factory. The work developed in the following years into the largest cloth factory in Germany.

1945

In 1945 the factory was privatized by the Treuhandanstalt (“Trust agency”). It was soon followed by the closing of the company. In 1992 the inventory was sold to foreign companies. The buildings became empty, but were listed as industrial heritage.

Photos Feintuchwerke F.F. Koswig

Don`t copy text!