Neues Lager

THE ABANDONED MILITARY SITE IN GERMANY


This military site ‘Neues Lager’ was built in 1889. The first use was to house the builders for the expansion of the shooting range in Jüterbog. It was abandoned after the reunification of Germany.

The barracks were mostly made from corrugated sheets. It was named ‘2. Barackenlager’ which was later changed to ‘Neues Barackenlager’. In 1890 the site was expanded with many brick buildings. From 1897 the military site was named ‘Neues Lager’ and was used as a part of the huge training area around Jüterbog. It was the worlds biggest military site.

After the First World War, during the rise of the National-Socialist Germany the site was used to educate new lawyers and jurists. But at the beginning of the Second World War the Wehrmacht took it back. The Soviet army took over after the Second World War and housed the ‘27. Raketenbrigade‘. At the end of the Cold War, the Soviets left ‘Neues Lager’ and the surrounding military sites. Today they are demolishing the site, the ground will be given back to nature. These photos were taken in 2012.

Built 1889
Abandoned 1992
Demolished 2018
Neues Lager
Neues Lager
Neues Lager
Neues Lager
Neues Lager
Neues Lager
Neues Lager
Neues Lager
Neues Lager
Neues Lager
Neues Lager
Neues Lager

Don`t copy text!