Quartier König Friedrich-August

Built: 1912

Abandoned: 1990

Visited: 2009

Chemnitz-Ebersdorf, Germany

This old military site was built in 1912, just before the First World War. The grounds were named König Friedrich-August Kaserne. First it was used as an artillery regiment, later the site was used as a prisoner of war camp. After the Second World War the Soviet troops take over the military site and used it as a military hospital. In 1983 it became a rocket base. After the end of the Cold War, in 1990, the 2.8 acres were abandoned.

Today the old military buildings are housing families.

Photos Quartier König Friedrich-August

Don`t copy text!