Freinetschool Kasteel De Wip

Built: 1880

Abandoned: 2008

Visited: 2011 + 2014

Wezemaal, Belgium

This castle was built in 1880 as ‘Chateau de Wouters’. There is not much info to be found of the early years of this building. In 1988 the Freinetschool rented the little castle. The school, first named ‘De Wip’, later ‘De Klimboom’ had three preschool classes and six primary classes. In 2008 the school had to leave the little castle. The building was in a bad state and deprecated. The 54 kids were moved to another school building in town.

Today the building is in a very bad state. Every window is boarded up to prevent people from going inside, the floors are rotten and are dangerous to walk on.

Photos Freinetschool Kasteel De Wip

Freinetschool De Klimboom
Freinetschool De Klimboom
Freinetschool De Klimboom
Freinetschool De Klimboom
Freinetschool De Klimboom
Freinetschool De Klimboom
Freinetschool De Klimboom
Freinetschool De Klimboom
Freinetschool De Klimboom
Freinetschool De Klimboom
Freinetschool De Klimboom
Freinetschool De Klimboom
Freinetschool De Klimboom
Freinetschool De Klimboom
Don`t copy text!