Station de Chimie et de Physique Agricoles

Built: 1908

Abandoned: 2004

Visited: 2011

Ernage, Belgium

The University Faculty of Agricultural Sciences of Gembloux was founded in 1860 in the old buildings of the Benedictine abbey of Gembloux. The Faculty has established itself as a true center of expertise in the field of agronomic sciences and biological engineering. These abandoned buildings, the ‘Station of Physics and Agricultural Chemistry’ are located in Ernage, an area well known for its scientific researches in the agricultural field. The laboratories were built at the beginning of the 20th century as an annex of the faculty of Gembloux.

2004

This station consist of offices and chemical, microbiological or nuclear laboratories. The station was an important institute to provide answers to questions of agricultural news like environmental toxicology, nutrition and molecular biology. An important institute for agricultural research and understanding of their environment. The building was deserted in 2004 when the installations moved to Gembloux.

Photos Station de Chimie et de Physique Agricoles

Don`t copy text!