Schacht Polsum

Built: 1943

Abandoned: 2008

Visited: 2016

Marl, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany

This colliery is a mining shaft that was part of a big mining company in Germany. The shaft was dug in 1943 as Zeche Polsum. But it was not a good start, it took until 1949 before the shaft was operational as part of Zeche Westerholt, the mining company that took over Zeche Polsum. In 1998 Westerholt is merged with other companies and renamed Bergwerk Lippe.

In 2008 the mine closed, one year later the shaft is filled. The big headframe was dismantled in 2010 and purchased by a company from Haiger Burbach, it was rebuilt at the company headquarters near the A45.

Photos Schacht Polsum

Don`t copy text!