VEB Kraftfuttermischwerk Frohse

Built: 1940s

Abandoned: 1999

Visited: 2012

Schönebeck, Germany

This location is a huge site full of silos, offices and a huge heating station. It was built in the 1940s by the Reichsnährstand, a government body set up in Nazi Germany to regulate food production. Seven storage and production buildings were erected and fitted with reinforced concrete with double-secured roofs to make the site bomb-proof.

1956, was the official start of the VEB Kraftfuttermischwerk Frohse owned by the DDR covernment. Major parts of the transport and drying technology were modernized in the 1960s.

The Kraftfuttermischwerk produced cattlefood in the early 1970s. The factory closed in the late 1990s and will be demolished.

Photos Kraftfuttermischwerk F

Don`t copy text!