Eglise Paroissiale Notre-Dame

Eglise Paroissiale Notre-Dame

Built: 1877

Abandoned: 2005

Visited: 2014


This little church was built in 1877 by architect Emile Coulon. It was built on the foundations of a much older church that burned down. The church was abandoned in 2005 and it became the playground for archaeologists. When searching for the old foundations they found five graves. They could date from the thirteenth century.

The church will be demolished soon to reveal the hidden history underground. The church will not be entirely demolished, the choir and sacristy, which dates from the thirteenth century, will be saved and become a chapel.

Photos Eglise Paroissiale Notre-Dame

Don`t copy text!