Château Sécession


quesnelFrance

Built in the 1751 + 1853

Abandoned in 2010

Visited on 01 2016


The chateau was owned by the Knightly family of Quesnel in the twelfth century. It became a victim of the Thirty Years’ War, it was looted and partly burned down. The property was purchased by Jean Le Fort, who married Marie Damiens. It was after his death in 1751 that his son Jean Baptiste Le Fort built the foundation of the present chateau. In that time the castle had only one floor.

A century after its construction, in 1853, the façade of Château Sécession was altered by Charles Blin de Bourdon, a new pavilion is built and a second floor was added.

1985

The castle was occupied and bombed during the First World War. After the war Viscount Bourdon Blin restored the chateau and gave it to his daughter the Countess of Lussac. After the Second World War the property remained uninhabited and was sold in 1985. The castle was bought by a Parisian lawyer. Unfortunately, part of the building collapsed in the late 1990s. The part still standing is in a very bad state.

Photos Château Sécession