Central Hidroeléctrica da Companhia do Papel do Prado


Lousã, Portugal

Built in 1935

Abandoned in 1996

Visited on 05 2016


This power plant produced hydroelectric power for the ‘Companhia de Papel do Prado’ paper plant. Water was transported by a bypass canal along the Ceira river and powered two turbines with a total power of 500kVA. The power station closed in 1996 when the factory moved to another part of the city.

Photos Central Hidroeléctrica da Companhia do Papel do Prado