Bowling De Witte Molen

Built: 1920

Abandoned: 2005

Visited 2011 + 2012

Aarschot, Belgium

This mill was built in 1920. It’s at the same place another mill was burnt down in 1914, it was set on fire by the German army. In 1954 the mill was extended with several buildings. Instead of the production of grain it was used as a bowling hall with a bar and restaurant. The mill became a protected monument in 1994. The owner sold the site to a casino in 2005, but a gambling permit was refused by the city. The derelict mill will be renovated. The bowling hall will be demolished and the mill will have its original state and use back.

Photos Bowling De Witte Molen

Don`t copy text!