Bezirkskrankenhaus – Klinik Stadtpark

Built: 1895 + 1946

Abandoned: 1997

Visited: 2009

Chemnitz, Germany

This hospital was built in 1895 as a factory for Die Presto-Werke, a car and motor business. In 1936 the factory was bought by the Automobilmultis Auto-Union AG who had their headquarter there. The buildings gets its hospital use in 1946 when the Russians built patient and operation rooms inside the building. The factory was renamed Bezirkskrankenhaus and the first ill people were taken in.

In 1946 the buildings were ready for 800 patients. But new standards increased this number to 300 in the 1980’s. In 1997 the buildings are so old, the hospital moved to a new modern site. On 31 March 1997, the Klinik Stadtpark was closed and handed back to the city of Chemnitz. Reuse failed due to lack of interest. In October 2014 the Chemnitz software, real estate and cultural entrepreneur Lars Faßmann bought the buildings. When the site is cleaned it will be a factory for car and motor parts again.

Photos Bezirkskrankenhaus – Klinik Stadtpark

Don`t copy text!