Bücker Werke Flugplatz Rangsdorf

Built: 1935

Abandoned: 1994

Visited: 2008

Rangsdorf, Germany

In 1935 the government built a aircraft factory near Rangsdorf where the in 1933 founded Bücker-Flugzeugbau GmbH build types of sport and training aircrafts. During the first years of WW II the airport is used as the main airport for Berlin. From this airport flight departed from the Deutschen Lufthansa to Rome, Prague and Vienna, Bucharest, Athens and Istanbul and to Copenhagen and Stockholm. From Januari 1940 the Deutschen Lufthansa and the Russian Aeroflot started a direct flight to Moscow from Rangsdorf.

1945

Later during the Second World War the site is taken by the German army. The public airport became military grounds. Bücker still made aircrafts but now also produced military products, like remote controlled bombs. In 1945 the last aircraft from Bucker was produced and the factory closed it’s doors. After the War the Russian army took over and used the site as a military airport and aircraft repair facility. They stayed until 1994 and left the buildings and airport abandoned.

Photos of Bücker Werke Flugplatz Rangsdorf

Don`t copy text!