Built in 1949
Abandoned in 2003
Demolished in 2012
Visited on 01 2005 + 04 2010
It made a small village famous, a huge playfield for kids, Dadipark in Dadizele. It started October 1949 by priest Deweert under the name Daiselpark. “Where the kids are king” was the slogan of this playfield.
The park was closed in 2003, and not much later the field is taken over by nature and the attractions are starting to rust. One of the main reasons for closure was the bad security for the kids, that became clearly in the year 2000 when a child lost his arm on a toy jet.
In 2011 the city announced that the park will be demolished. After more than 60 years the place is gone.