Aérodrome de Saint-André


France

Built in 1902

Abandoned in 2000

Visited on 09 2015


The aerodrome is inaugurated in 1913. From 1953 to 1965, it served as the operational base of the NATO. To accommodate fifty fighter planes, three large hangars were built in 1956. Today it’s partly in use for leisure activities and tourism, the other buildings are abandoned.